starting fall 2018
La Voix du Luthier has designed two new speakers, without speaker cones !
The Onde and Pyramid were unveiled at ContinuuCon (the Haken Continuum Fingerboard conference), held this year at the prestigious Institut de Recherche et Coordination Acoustique/Musique (IRCAM) in central Paris, and then presented at SuperBooth 2018.
These self-powered speakers, designed in collaboration with Haken Audio, give the sound of a luthier’s expertise in acoustics to any electronic musical instrument.
These novel speakers…
- generate a 3D auditory space, just like a traditional acoustic instrument.
- are not sonically « neutral » at all! They enhance any electronic signal, imparting a carefully balanced acoustical environment into the source, immersive like an acoustic instrument.
- have two fine wooden soundboards with oppositional placement that are complimentary sounding, further enhancing the 3D experience.
- use separate volume controls for each soundboard allows the user to balance the acoustical spectrum.
- Line level stereo in.
- Bluetooth Audio (and APTX).
- Line level and bluetooth can be mixed together.
- Feel the acoustical vibrations while playing your electronic instrument due to direct acoustical coupling, emulating this subtle yet significant playing experience that naturally occurs in traditional acoustic instruments.
- Can be specifically adapted to the Haken Continuum Fingerboard and Haken ContinuuMini (via additional structural couplers).
- 2*30W Class D amplifier driving 2 carefully selected wideband transducers.
- Battery-powered option, with initial tests showing up to one full day of use between charges.
- The Onde can supply power for two other USB devices during normal operation.
- Extended frequency range via it’s novel pyramid shaped design.
- Transient detail is enhanced by employing a 2*30W Class A power amplifier driving 2 carefully selected wideband transducers.
A Kickstarter launch is planned for Fall 2018
Marc Lucas: Master luthier (designer of numerous guitars and the innovative Cantate).
Christophe Duquesne: Visionary and electronic circuit design. Liaison to Haken Audio.
Luc Bourachot: Amplifier design concepts and execution, specifically implemented for La Voix du Luthier.
Haken Audio: Lippold Haken and Edmund Eagan